In director Kim Jee-woon’s upcoming black comedy, “Cobweb,” Jung Soo-jung, also known as Krystal from K-pop girl group f(x), plays a chic and edgy rising star, Han Yu-rim, giving the role her own, almost flawless interpretation.
The 28-year-old actor seamlessly reproduces a unique tone that actors would use in the 1970s, making it hard to believe that “Cobweb” is Jung's first commercial film role. Jung has previously starred in the TV show, "More Than Family" (2020), among other TV big drama roles.
“I’ve always wanted to try the 1970s styling. The looks, tone and manner of acting in that time were something I could try through ‘Cobweb.’ While shooting, Yu-rim’s unique acting style would only come out when I got dressed up and had my hair done as Yu-rim. If I wasn't wearing You-rim’s look, I found it hard to act like Yu-rim,” said Jung in an interview with The Korea Herald in Seoul on Friday.
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- [Busan Is Ready] Busan Expo strives to present climate change solutions
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn